When is the right age for your child to stop using a Booster Seat ?
- September 27, 2014
- Our Blog
- Posted by Andrea Prelorenzo
- Comments Off on When is the right age for your child to stop using a Booster Seat ?
The general consensus is that your child’s age shouldn’t play a part of the decision at all , the purpose of a child car-seat or booster seat is to position your child’s body correctly with the car’s seat belt aligning their necks and laps correctly with the angle of the seat-belt.
Without a booster seat a car seat-belt can do some serious damage during a crash.
Generally most children graduate thru 4 different types of car-seats before they’re able to sit comfortably in the car with just the standard seat belts .
We’ve provided a general guide below taking into account a child’s Age and Weight, Which will assist you with keeping your child safe on the road.
Always keep note of the prescribed child weight recommendation of the Child Car Seat before you purchase it, this will give you an idea of how long you will be able to use it for.
- Infant Car Restraint ( Birth – 9 Months / 1 Year / 0 – 10Kgs )
- Child Car Restraint ( Birth – 4/5 Years / 0 – 18Kgs )
- Booster Seats ( 4 – 6 Years / 15-25kgs )
- Booster Cushion ( 6 – 11 Years / 22-36kgs )
- Seat-belts ( 10-11 Years / 36kgs )
Keep safe and always remember to buckle up your children even if its only for a short distance.