15 Tips to Ensure the Sale of Your Vehicle Goes SmoothlyWe will buy your car even if you don't buy ours.
- July 7, 2018
- Our Blog
- Posted by Andrea Prelorenzo
- Comments Off on 15 Tips to Ensure the Sale of Your Vehicle Goes Smoothly
It sounds a lot easier said than done when selling your vehicle – perhaps it is a better idea to sell your car through a reputable used car dealership rather than privately. However there are a couple of steps that need to be implemented to ensure the sale goes smoothly.
How to ready yourself when selling your vehicle:
- Before anything you need to obtain a Roadworthy-Certificate – without this most essential document you will not be able to sell your car either privately or through a dealership.
- The price of a Roadworthy-Certificate can cost anything between R200 and R300.
- Regular check-ups are essential to ensure your car is in a Roadworthy, safe condition.
- Check your shock absorbers, windscreen wipers, tyres and brakes regularly.
- Selling a vehicle does not necessarily mean a private vehicle for private use – you could be selling your fleet of vehicles, business panel van, and tractor or similar.
- Honesty is always the best policy. Keep all those receipts to show the potential buyer that you paid certain monies for repairs, new tyres and more.
- You will have to show proof of ownership to any future potential buyers – this is easily done if you keep your admin up to date, renew your car license on time every year and have the original papers within easy reach.
- For a touch of class and the best price possible, valet your car to ensure that it looks really clean and smart when marketing the vehicle – the same would apply to cleaning your home before putting it on the market to sell. This is a proven and tested recipe for success to a quick sell.
- Selling your car privately goes hand-in-glove with commitment and accessibility – you will need to be available to show the vehicle to potential consumers.
- You can either sort out all cracks and bumps before deciding to sell the car or you can show the buyer and make it their issue as the vehicle will be sold as is – alternatively you can negotiate the price accordingly.
- Take many excellent photographs of the interior, exterior and the engine of the car when marketing your vehicle – this is especially attractive to buyers viewing your car online as a picture says more than a thousand words.
- Remember to state the mileage of your car when selling the vehicle, as this could be the most important selling point.
- Be CAREFUL when inviting strangers to view the car and whatever you do, don’t go on a test drive alone – always take someone with you. If you are a female, always ensure that you have a male around for safety and security.
- One of the most secure places to meet potential buyers is at a garage – these are normally crowded venues with CCTV footage for security reasons.
- When listing the features of your car, the difference between a sale and not would be in the detail. Therefore listing all those bits and pieces do count.
If you are considering selling your car privately, you might want to consider rather going the route of selling your vehicle through a reputable dealership. Contact us to see what we can offer you today.